We understand every now and then things don’t work out as planned. However, we are a small business that relies on having our clients turn up to their booked appointment, not only so that we can pay the stylist, but so we can also keep the doors of the business open.
The appointment time is set aside specifically for you which means we may have turned away other clients. When you don’t provide us with 24 hours notice or you don’t attend your appointment at all (we call it a no-show) it negatively impacts our business and the ability to service our clients effectively
In a service based business like Shanga, we are selling time. Unlike goods, we cannot resell it. Once the time is gone, we cannot put it back on the shelf to sell to someone else. When making an appointment you are agreeing to purchase that block of time.
We have a booking policy for three reasons:
* to protect all of our loyal clients and their appointments;
* to protect our business from loss of sold time; and
* to ensure your appointment is relaxing and enjoyable.
1. All new clients at the time of booking are required to leave a $50 deposit when booking 45min + services to secure the appointment. This deposit is 100% refundable as long as 24 hours notice is given for all cancelations and rescheduling of appointments.
2. All no-show clients, and cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment may incur the full cost of the appointment or $50 fee whichever is the lesser. All future appointments will then be required to be paid in full at time of booking.
3. Booked services cannot be cancelled on arrival of appointment.
4. All clients are sent a confirmation SMS 7 day’s prior to their scheduled appointment. This is an automated system and can only receive “YES” or “NO” responses. We are unable to receive voice calls on this number. Failure to confirm your appointment will result in it being cancelled.
We may use our discretion and waive the policy where we deem necessary.
We greatly appreciate your support of our business and we will endeavour to provide the utmost professional service to you at every appointment.
Just as we ask you to value our time, we agree to value yours. In the event we are not able to provide the service to you due to staff illness or other unforeseen incident, you will have $50 credited to your account.
We are happy for you to send a friend or family member in your place if you cannot attend your appointment so no fee will be charged, and we reserve the right to provide another staff member to attend your needs should one of our team be unavailable.